Skip to content
- 1 lb. bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel, reserving about two tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add red and green onions to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the onions are caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar and cooked bacon.
- Bring mixture to a simmer then reduce heat to low. Cook until the liquid has reduced and thickened and the onions are jammy, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before transferring to a jar. Serve with EVERYTHING!
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice gouda cheese
- 2 schmears bacon jam (see above)
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium- medium high heat – do not get the pan so hot that it is smoking – it will burn the bread and not melt your cheese.
- Generously lather the sourdough bread with butter and place face down in the center of the skillet.
- Add cheeses (any cheese) just make sure it looks like too much cheese – then add one more slice.
- Scoop the bacon jam on the top of the cheeses, butter the top of the bread and place on top of the bacon jam.
- Peak at the bottom bread, if it’s golden brown – FLIP
- Place another cast iron – or heavy pan, on top of the golden toasted side – kill the heat – watch it melt. Eat immediately
2 thoughts on “bacon jam + grilled cheese”
On my!!!! Can’t wait to try!!!
So much yes